Table of Contents
I'm a Christian; a Reformed Baptist. I live in Australia.
I have varied interests outside of work, and this is a place to publish things to do with them.
Christianity, and the Bible
The Bible is the most precious artifact we have on earth, and as a Christian it's part of my life's work to study it.
One of my interests at the moment is literary structure, because this helps us understand each passage in context. To that end, I'm slowly working on my own overviews for each book.
Reading and writing
I like to read, and I listen to a lot of audiobooks.
Very rarely, I've narrated a book myself to have available for listening.
I enjoy listening, playing, and composing music. My taste varies, but mostly lies between romantic classical symphonies and modern movie scores.
Occasionally I'll transcribe my favourite pieces:
- Marcus Warner, First Flight (7 pages, 131KB).
I used to code at home for fun, but these days I only do it in service of some other need. Some things I've built:
- Grozer, a web app to help me learn to read Koine Greek. Originally began as a flashcard drill inspired by Clozemaster, but changed focus as I had more ideas.
- The Daily Orator, a podcast generator that gives me a daily Bible reading (and other audio sources) according to a ruleset.
- Unravelled, a script to turn a Raindrop.io bookmark collection into a weekly email newsletter. See An afternoon build: Unravelled.
- Glutton Feed, a podcast generator to syndicate a list of mp3 urls.
- Shine and Rise, an LED strip driver script to create an artificial sunrise every morning.